Let this thorough, no-hassle classroom reading guide help you navigate your students through book #1 in the Joy Sun Bear series!
The Adventures of Joy Sun Bear, The Blue Amber of Sumatra is a magical adventure story! Filled with real-world facts and fun characters, it is great for first through fifth grade students. Learn more about the book on Amazon.com.
We designed this no-prep guide with teachers, and their students, in mind! Inspired by the feedback received from a 5th grade teacher and her class, this guide includes:
- Vocabulary lists by chapter help teachers pick out the words that will be new to students before they read,
- Character design guide and prediction chart to kick-start reading comprehension,
- Pre- and post-reading questions to prime students to think about each chapter,
- Project ideas for single, group, and class projects related to each chapter,
- Research ideas related to the story that can easily be integrated into a standard curriculum.
In addition you’ll also get:
- crossword puzzle (with answer key) to test reading comprehension
- character profile pages to promote creative writing and character development
- and our fact-filled Sumatra coloring page for younger students.