Hi! I'm Joy Sun Bear!
I'm a curious and playful sun bear from an island called Sumatra. It's part of Indonesia, a big group of islands between Australia and China.
I like learning new things and making new friends. That's one of the reasons I love to travel the world! I enjoy visiting different countries and learning about the cultures there. Then, I share all that with you, my newest friends, in my Travel Journal. Come read about all my adventures and the fascinating people I meet around the world.
How does this sun bear cub get around so fast? Well, I'll tell you! I've got a magical red hot air balloon! I know, sounds weird right?! You are probably thinking, "how is a sun bear cub from Sumatra going to find and use an air balloon?" Well, there's a great story behind how I got it, and you can click here to check out my new book to learn more.
What is a Sun Bear?
- Sun bears are the smallest bear species
- We live in the tropical areas of southeast Asia
- We have a light patch of fur on our chest
- We are known for our extra long claws
- We also have the longest tongue of any bear
- We do not hibernate, and like to climb trees to find places to rest
- We love to sleep in the trees and make canopy nests made by folding leafy branches over one another
- Some of my other favorites foods to munch on are fruit, termites, little birds, rodents and lizards. But, as you already know, I think the yummiest treat of all is HONEY! That explains why sun bears are also know as honey bears.
- Our cubs are super cute!